Matt Pulos and Evan Laffer (both 19 years old) make up the super-duo known as Dub Thompson. Their music is best described as a groovy, hook-driven, crunchy rock and roll adventure. They recently released their debut album, 9 Songs, with Dead Oceans. Have a listen to their excellent single “Dograces” below. Enjoy.
Dub Thompson – Dograces from 9 Songs (2014)
Dragster is a speaker-melting garage rock band out of Rennes, France. Their style is fierce and grimey- somewhat similar to Thee Oh Sees. Check out the fuzzy, distorted, burner “Lou l’Enfer Chasseur De Dragons” from their new EP, Ganja War, below. The Ganja War EP is available now on cassette from Six Tonnes De Chair Records or digitally from Dragster’s Bandcamp page.
Dragster – Lou l’Enfer Chasseur De Dragons from Ganja War EP (2014)
Here is another 5 Songs for your listening pleasure.
Here is today’s 5 Songs. Enjoy
Here are the albums that pleased me the most in 2012. Followed by a mix of my favorite songs from each album.
1. Ty Segall & White Fence – Hair
2. Mac DeMarco – 2
3. The Fresh & Onlys – Long Slow Dance
4. The Limiñanas – Crystal Anis
5. Allah-Las – s/t
6. Monster Rally & RUMTUM – Coasting EP
7. Thee Oh Sees – Putrifiers II
8. Beach House – Bloom
9. Tame Impala – Lonerism
10. The Super Vacations – Heater Pt. II
11. Divine Fits – A Thing Called Divine Fits
12. The People’s Temple – More For The Masses
13. Ty Segall – Twins
14. Japandroids – Celebration Rock
15. Marco Benevento – TigerFace
I drive about 2 hours to and from work everyday. The drive is a drag, but it gives me the opportunity to listen to lots of music. I had the thought while driving home today, why not pick my 5 favorite songs from the daily commute, put them in a Spotify playlist, and share the mix with you? Enjoy.